Single-family house 1955, Leo Hafner and Alfons Wiederkehr
Restoration and preservation of historical building
Client: Katharina Dalcher
Location: Guggitalring 8, 6300 Zug
Area: 180 m2
Construction Completion: September 2021
The Dalcher House, which has a sculptural character due to its low structure with a moving roof landscape and the vertical accent of the chimney, is a remarkable building of the 1950s due to its execution.
The building volume of the Dalcher House consists of two pavilion-like buildings set against each other in the slightly sloping terrain. The buildings are structured by open, mostly set back and – in contrast – closed facade surfaces: the dining and living areas as well as bedrooms have larger window areas, while adjoining rooms are provided with tall, narrow window bands, plastered or exposed brick walls or slats. The southern building is covered by a butterfly, the northern one by a desk roof, which are removed from the building by a dark groove and thus appear slightly floating. In the front building, oriented towards south and west, are the more public spaces for living and working, while the rear building, oriented towards north and east, accommodates the more intimate zone of the bedrooms.
All necessary renovations have been carried out very carefully by its owners and therefore the house has been preserved in almost original condition and is highly valued by its owners already in the third generation.